The Industrial Revolution

The Industrial Revolution

Following our visit to The Industrial Museum, Year 5 have found out about how the revolution changed people’s lives. They have researched information about different inventions and about what life was like for ordinary people during this period.

Share your knowledge Year 5.

12 Responses »

1. The industrial revolution is really fun .

little did I know it was going to be as fun as I imagined I didn’t know much about it but I learnt that

when you were 8 or over you would have to work in a factory full of machines . I enjoyed my day at the museum I wish I could go again .

2. In the period 1760 to 1830 the industrial revolution was largely confirmed to Britain. Aware of their head start, the British forbade the export of machinery, skilled workers and manufacturing techniques. It began in Britain and then Europe. The industrial revolution impacted the environment.The world saw a major increase in population, which, along with an increase in living standards, led to the depletion of natural resources. The use of chemicals and fuel in factories resulted in increased air and water pollution and an increased use of fossil fuels.

3. I know that the people in the Industrial Revolution people had to work hard to get paid. I also know that if you are poor you work in the mines and if you are rich you work in the factory. If you work in the mines you have to take a torch that is called Davy lamp. The lamp can tell you if something is wrong and then you have to get out of the mines quickly. People in the mines were only young they were like seven or eight.

4. Life in the industrial revolution was hard. Children aged just seven had to work in the mines and factoys. The poor people had to use the same toilet with familys and had to share a small house . Rich people did not work.

5. Following our visit to The Industrial Museum, Year 5 have found out about how the revolution changed people’s lives. They have researched information about different inventions and about what life was like for ordinary people during this period.

6. In the Industrial Revolution many people had to work really hard. They didn’t get a weekend of or much seep so they must of been very tired. They didn’t get to see their family members very much or their friends. Poor children had to go and work in the industrial revolution and the rich kids went to school so it wasn’t fair for the poor kids. Sometimes the people who work at the industrial revolution used to put a bird in a room and when the bird dies it means they all have to get out because gas is about to come. They had to share a toilet tthat was outside.

7. We have learnt that the people who used to work on farms worked in the factories. You start working at age eight. When you go in the mines you take a davy lamp and a bird called canury. They take the bird because if oil leaks the bird will die and the people know if it is dangerous or not.

8. In 1698-Thomas savery built the the first steam engine which
    drove 4mp. Also in the 1800s when people were working is factories they were getting lest money than the people which were owned factories and they were rick

9. When the children worked in the mined they stared to work of the age of 7 and they stop when they was older they was so sad and they wished that I did not have to do it.

10. The industrial revolution chaged people live because if you was kid you will work down a mine or a factory.If you worked down a mine you will know if it going to leak because there is a bird and if it dies there is a leak.You will turn death because there is to much lound sound.

11. I have learnt that all the poor people had to work while the rich people get more money.I know the factories where made in the indust rial revolution that was in 1769.The rich people where shocked when the factories took place.

12. The Industrial revolution

I have learnt that Britians trade was growing over seas and were the first to do this all over the world. When the factories were made, the sky got polluted. Lots of people died and others got badly injured. Kids workedat very young ages from about 8 and above. They had to be really fast when getting fallen peices because they could get trapped and lose lims. After work, they would get payed a small amount and be tired but also depressed. Finally, the rich men will get nearly all of the money and the poor people will stay poor.