Mount Everest

Mount Everest

What facts do you know about Mount Everest? Where is it? How tall is it? What has happened to explorers who have tried to climb it? Has everyone been successful? Would you like to climb a high mountain?

2 Responses »

1. .Mount Everest is 29,035 feet and in meters its 8848
    .It’s over 60 million years old
    .China or the Tibet on the north
    .It takes 40 days to climb up Mount Everest
    .It has three different types of rock

2. Mount Everest also known in Nepali as Sagarmāthā and in Tibetan as Chomolungma, is Earth’s highest mountain, located in the Mahalangur Himal sub-range of the Himalayas. The international border between China and Nepal runs across its summit point. It is estimated that expeditions to climb the mountain take two months from start to end. 60 Geologically speaking, Mt Everest is about 60 million years old. The oldest person to scale the peak was 80 year old Japanese climber and the youngest to reach the top of the world’s highest mountain was 13-year-old American Jordan Romero, who did it in 2010. It is 29,035 feet or 8848 Meters high. Scaling Everest is much easier than it used to be. In 1990 just 18 per cent of summit attempts were successful, but in 2012 that figure was 56 per cent. Not everyone has been successful as of 2016 about 280 climbers have died about 6.5% of more than 4,000 climbers who have reached the summit since Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay in 1953. I would not like to climb a high mountain because it would take to long, it could be scary, very cold and I might be scared of how high it would be when I get to the top as I don’t like heights.