11 Responses »

1. Lacrosse started in north America. To play lacrosse you must hold it with two hands and you don’t throw the ball you have to carry it.

• The sticks in lacrosse have net at the head of it and hockey doesn’t. Also in hockey you have to roll the ball to your teammates and in lacrosse you throw it to your teammates and you don’t roll the ball.

2. I really enjoy doing lacrosse and it links to our learning tomorrow’s world. In tomorrows world we are learning about North America and lacrosse is from North America. I really liked practising because I have never played lacrosse in my whole life. I hope in the next weeks I can be able to know a lot about this sport. I might find out what lacrosse is to step my game up and take a step feather.

3. Last week we learn’t how to play Lacrosse. Lacrosse was invented in the 1850s in Canada and first played on in St. Lawrence Valley. It was originally called Stick-Ball and was played by Native American Indians. Lacrosse is mostly played in Canada, originally called North America but North America is made up of more countries, including Costa Rica and Cuba. Jimmy Lewis, Gary Gait and Jim Brown are considered the legends of Lacrosse and were voted the 3 greatest players ever.

4. It was so interesting because when we played Lacrosse it was a bit hard and bit easy however that everyone tried really hard.
    Lacrosse is a bit challenging by catching it and scooping it up because it is participating and also working as a team

5. Orienteering is a group of sports that has navigational skills using a map and compass to navigate.Almost any sport that involves racing against a clock and requires navigation with a map is a type of orienteering.

The history of orienteering begins in the late nineteenth century in Sweden, where it originated as military training. The actual term “orienteering” was first used in 1886 at the Swedish Military Academy Karlberg.

Orienteering is a sport in which orienteers use an accurate, detailed map and a compass to find points in the landscape. It can be enjoyed as a walk in the woods or as a competitive sport.

6. I really enjoy lacrosse it is so much fun and it gives us lots of different skills like passing and scooping up the ball. You never know you can always discover different skills.