More bacteria FUN!

More bacteria FUN!

Today year 5 have continued with their project, learning about different types of bacteria and representing this through dance and drama.

Important questions;

What happens if bacteria gets in your blood? How many different types of bacteria are in the world? How do germs spread?

P1060950 P1060954 P1060956 P1060957 P1060958 P1060960 P1060967 P1060969 P1060970 P1060985 P1060986 P1060992 P1060998

24 Responses »

1. Hopefully we will see the microbiologist come again I enjoy learning about different bacteria and making up our own dances. I hope to see them in the future and they should stay safe.

2. I like doing bacteria and however we get to dance play games like when miss told us that if I say I name and your won of them you have to swop with the person who is in your group.

3. I enjoyed learning about bacteria and doing a act about Alexandra phleming and I can’t remember the other ones name I was acting about the one that discovered vaccination and using cow pox to stop smallpox and experimented on a 8 year old boy named James.

4. What we did in P:E we did some famous scientist and what they did.
    We did this play to see what they would learn from us.
    Me jeanah, Conor , Swaathi Kiana Deanna Emanya and others talk about I think I don’t know put we all enjoyed it and had fun.

5. If bacteria gets into your blood, it can give you an infection and make you poorly. There are millions of bacteria in the world. Not all bacteria are bad, some can be good for your body. Germs spread if people sneeze and shake hands with others are touch surfaces without cleaning your hands. It is good to clean your hands and other surfaces to make sure you don’t get ill. I also enjoyed the dancing and it was really fun.

6. I enjoyed learning about all sorts of different bacteria I loved doing the play. There are 2 trillion types of bacteria in your body.

7. If bad bacteria gets into your blood stream you can become really sick, but if good bacteria gets into your blood stream it will be harmless to your body. We don’t actually know how many bacteria there is in the world because people ae still finding lots of new bacteria, but I know there are about 2 trillion bacteria’s in our body’s. Germs can spread around if you have the toilet but don’t wash your hands or if you cough or sneeze and don’t wash your hands after.

8. Two people guessed that the Earth was home to between 10,000 and 100,000 species of bacteria; another five said between 100,000 and 1,000,000; while nine microbiologists put the put the upper limit at ten million species; eight guessed there were even more.

Nose, mouth, or eyes to hands to others: Germs can spread to the hands by sneezing, coughing, or rubbing the eyes and then can be transferred to other family members or friends.When you have germs on your hands you can pass it onto anyone by touching them.Five common ways germs are spread: Nose, mouth, or eyes to hands to others: Germs can spread to the hands by sneezing, coughing, or rubbing the eyes and then can be transferred to other family members or friend.When you have germs you can pass it on to anyone by touching them.

• Wow Swaathi you have a lot of information there well done. Did you research some of that information or did you just know it off by heart?

9. If bacteria gets into your blood, it can give you an infection and make you poorly sometime depending on what bacteria is inside of you. To get a bacteria inside of your body you have to do your mess in the toilet and if it likes what comes out than it goes inside of your bodies.

Amazing Fact
    There is about 2 trillion bacteria’s inside of your bodies right now !

10. Germs spread by sneezing and not washing your hands with soap after.If the bacteria gets in the wrong place it goes crazy and makes you even more ill than you already are. We don’t really know the exact number of bacteria but in our bodies there is over 2 trillion bacteria.

The dance was so fun and I love the microbiologists they are fun to be with and so helpful. Bacteria can also spread by not cleaning your hands and shaking, touching or even hugging each other.

11. E.coli’s real name is not E.coli! It’s Escherichia coli. I think they took the E from Escherichia and put the dot for separation and added the coli bit.

12. If those nasty bacteria get into the wrong place it goes crazy. Then it gives you an infection and this results can get you poorly.