Bacteria…the results!

Bacteria…the results!

Year 5 have been continuing to find out about bacteria. Last week we took swabs from around the classroom and the hall and this week the results came back from the lab. What did we find out? Which type of bacteria was found? Which places were the cleanest and which were the dirtiest?

gh48 9g083 gh48 9g084 gh48 9g085 gh48 9g086 gh48 9g087 gh48 9g088 gh48 9g089

19 Responses »

1. I’ve been learning about bacteria and we were checking if the things were dirty or clean like Mrs Hodgson’s desk was clean but the dance teacher’s latop was a bit dirty.

2. The hall floor was the one with the most bacteria and the wall was the cleanest substance. Where I swabbed was a pencil, it was alright and wasn’t as dirty as I thought.

3. I think this fact I found about bacteria is very interesting,
    please read.

A newly-discovered species of rust-eating bacteria will have consumed the wreck of the Titanic within 20 years.

4. I enjoy that the microbiologists come to do some work with us, spare there time for us and teach us some new things. I never knew that there was such thing Lactobacillous, which helps us make cheese and yogurt.

5. I really enjoyed having the microbiologists in to learn about bacteria. I learnt that they are good and bad bacteria for everyone. I also learnt that we need to clean the bookshelf in our class room and we also need to clean the hall floor.

6. the wall was the cleanest and the hall floor was the most bacteria on it. I will really miss the microbiolagists coming to visit.

7. The floor is bad because people foot and when they walk that is bacteria.
    They are good bacteria and bad bacteria.
    In the floor hole that is a lot of bacteria because they are lots of muddy stuff and the of food in there.

8. There are so many bacteria in the whole world.The microbioligists were really helpful because they told us an amazing fact.THERE ARE 2 TRILLION BACTERIA IN YOUR WHOLE BODY!!!Isn’t that amazing.The three basic shapes of bacteria are spherical, rod shaped and spiral.Lactobacillus is a gram-positive.

9. The floor was really dirty and we swabbed other surfaces like Rebecca’s laptop. The laptop was quite clean.

The pictures shocked Rebecca, she thought it would be dirty because she takes it everywhere with her.

10. There are so many bacteria in the whole world.The microbioligists were really helpful because they told us an amazing fact.THERE ARE 2 TRILLION BACTERIA IN YOUR WHOLE BODY!!!Isn’t that amazing.The three basic shapes of bacteria are spherical, rod shaped and spiral.Lactobacillus is a gram-positive.