The Invention of Hugo Cabret

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

Our class reader this half term has been a very interesting book that is set out in a very unconventional way! It contains some incredible drawings and so today we challenged ourselves to portray them using drama.

Do you like our class book? Why? What interests or excites you about it? Why do you think the author has written it using pictures?

100_1789  100_1797 100_1802

14 Responses »

1. I love this book. The pictures are amazing and really tell the story in a different way to normal. You have to ‘fill in the blanks’ yourself. I also love the film that was made based on this book, called ‘Hugo’. Has anyone seen it?

2. Yes because the pictures realy makes me think and the drawing in hugos note book are brilliant. The robot gives you an idea of what hugo has been working on.

3. I have not watched the film yet but I have saw the trailer;I think it is going to be as interesting as the book.

• I have seen the film or read the book Shannon- What is interesting about it? Could you write me a mini book review to see if I would like to read it?